We seek to make the VIP Workshop a welcoming space for all, regardless of their ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and level of knowledge. This means we will not tolerate the following:
- Harassment of any kind (whether verbal, physical, or sexual)
- Inappropriate remarks and/or hate speech based on gender, sexual orientation, etc.
- Stalking or following
- Unwanted photography or video (if possible, please ask permission before photographing an individual)
- Inappropriate images — if you wouldn’t show your grandma, don’t show us
All participants, including attendees, speakers, and staff, are subject to these ground rules.
Anyone who violates the Code of Conduct will be subject to consequences up to and including removal from the event venue.
WHAT HAPPENS IF A VIOLATION OCCURS
If a violation of the Code of Conduct is reported to a Workshop staffer, the participant may be:
- Reminded of the code of conduct and its agreed upon terms,
- Given a verbal warning, and/or
- Asked to leave the event venue immediately.
- Reactions will be based on both the severity of the violation and the level of comfort with which the participant(s) who reported the violation have with the participant remaining at the Workshop.
Participants who are asked to leave due to a Code of Conduct violation are not entitled to a warning or refund.
HOW TO REPORT A CODE OF CONDUCT VIOLATION
If you or anyone else encounter or witness a violation, please contact any Workshop staffer as quickly as you feel safe to do so.
Violations will be kept 100% anonymous. We are committed to your privacy and safety in this matter.
In the highly unlikely event that a serious violation occurs, staffers will immediately call local law enforcement on your behalf.